Here are some of the frequently asked questions that people usually ask about NBA 2k14.
NBA 2k14 Folders
NBA 2k14 Game Folder
The game folder also known as installation directory is the place where NBA 2K14 stores its program files like courts, jerseys, cyberfaces, shoes etc. You will also see the nba2k14.exe file in this folder.
How to find the NBA 2K14 game folder? Method 1: Right click the game shortcut then select “Open File Folder”. Method 2: Right click the NBA 2k14 desktop shortcut and choose “Properties” then select the “Open File Location” button. Method 3: Open Local Disk → Program Files → 2K Sports → NBA 2K14
• NBA 2k14 DVD default installation directories: 32-bit: C:\Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2k14 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2k14
• NBA 2k14 Steam installation directories: 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2k14 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2k14
NBA 2k14 Saves/Roaming Folder (AppData)
This folder is the place where NBA 2K14 stores its game saves files, roster, online data updates, cache, and user made shoes.
• Windows 8: 1. Press Windows key + R and type “explorer” 2. Click on the view tab and put a check mark next to the hidden items option. 3. Close Explorer and reopen it. 4. Go to AppData » Roaming » 2K Sports » NBA 2k14.
• Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Click the Start button then type %AppData% in the search box. Open the 2K Sports folder then NBA 2k14 folder.
• Windows XP: Open “Run” (Windows key + R) then type %AppData% in the search box. Open the 2K Sports folder then NBA 2k14 folder. See the image below.
Note: The “AppData” folder is hidden in Windows Explorer by default. In order to make this folder visible, you must change the settings in “Folder Options”. Go to Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Folder Options then Select the “View” tab. Under “Hidden files and folders”, Tick the “Show hidden files and folders” option.
C Drive → Users → Username → AppData → Roaming → 2K Sports → NBA 2k14
• Saves: This folder is the place where NBA 2k14 stores the saves files including MyCAREER, Association, user settings, configurations and roster file.
• Online Data: This folder has a sub-folder called “downloads”. It contains all the official updates from 2K Sports.
Installing NBA 2k14 Mods/Patches
How to install NBA 2K14 mods & patches?
- Download the mods and extract the download using 7zip.
- Copy the contents of the downloaded folder and paste them in your NBA 2k14 Game Folder.
- Replace Existing files.
** Check instructions given in posts. **
How to Install NBA 2k14 Roster Updates?
- Download the latest NBA 2K14 roster update package file.
- Place the downloaded .7z archive on your desktop for easy access.
- Extract the file and copy the 2 folders named ‘Online Data’ & ‘Saves’.
- Go to ‘Roaming’ (Saves) folder.
- Open the Roaming folder then go to ‘2K Sports’ » ‘NBA 2K14’ folder.
- Paste the ‘Online Data’ and ‘Saves’ folder that you extracted earlier.
- Overwrite the existing files.
- Play NBA 2K14 and go to ‘Options’ » ‘Load / Save’ » ‘Load’ » ‘Roster’
NBA 2k14 Bugs/Errors Fixes
NBA 2k14 MyCareer Crashing with Custom Roster
Here are some common tips on how to able to have a stable, working MyCareer. Please note that these tips are only recommended solutions and does not guarantee that it will fix MyCareer mode for you (Source: Medevenx).
- If your game crashes while viewing some endorsement, try to play game in window mode.
- Avoid using a modified scoreboard. A modified scoreboard has a high chance of crashing MyCareer mode after the games have been finished.
- Avoid using “HD” content. “HD” cyberfaces, jerseys, stadiums, dornas, globals, etc. that have been released untested can cause crashing after the 1st or 3rd quarter of MyCareer, Association, Season, Playoffs modes.
- Avoid using heavily modified graphics mods. Heavily modified globals, title screens, and other graphics mods also have a chance of crashing MyCareer mode.
- Avoid using heavily modified tunedata. Heavily modified tunedata and other gameplay mods also have a chance of crashing MyCareer mode, usually before the start of the game.
- Do not save your MyCareer right away. When it asks you to create a save file for MyCareer mode, don’t (Press “1” on your keyboard or “Circle” for PlayStation/”B” for XBox controllers). Save your MyCarer file later.
- Delete all MyCareer save files and create a completely new MyCareer save file. In most cases, if you want to start a new MyCareer mode, it has to be a new save file. It is recommended that you do not replace an existing save file and save a completely new MyCareer save file.
- Delete all other MyCareer save files, then duplicate and rename your existing MyCareer save file. Sometimes, you can proceed with your existing MyCareer save file if you copy and paste your existing save file then rename it to something else, preferably a short MyCareer file name such as MYCAREER1.
- Perform a fresh install of NBA 2K14. If your NBA 2K14 is too heavily modified that you can no longer trace the cause of error for MyCareer mode and it is that important to you, it is recommended that you do a fresh install of NBA 2K14.
- Consider upgrading your computer. There is a rare situation where the game crashes because your computer is not compatible with it. Forcefully running the game on 32-bit computers are an example of this. Using processors or graphics cards that are not optimized for NBA 2K14 may also be the cause.
- Delete the following shoe files
shoe_ng_01aEDF0Aae169CF412a3B3AEaa1C8CF8 shoe_ng_1a1ACFADa2350571e11CD955da1064F6 shoe_ng_1a1C9EE4C5165C04aa189BEDd1dD211B shoe_ng_1aaE6B5Baa16DEC525150E7Dad1B57AB shoe_ng_2d4332e931556263fe9f47f7c80758ec shoe_ng_9a1380E5a1182CF9ae06E2E60dC9EAFE shoe_ng_51CF7531a1aFD76C1aa3511Fa5129B40 shoe_ng_0109D39A1a409C63C7aFA1B07C157A7E shoe_ng_304C8F69771D481Da1CBE343c14D89AF shoe_ng_95606cd9f265ba3e1b980ed13a71c62d shoe_ng_a1cC9EE47aa65C0412a89BED1aeD211B shoe_ng_a14AC7B1a40980A21BBB345Eac46FB9A shoe_ng_a41B67FDaaeCAD93a51AB9973ad4B5D7 shoe_ng_aa145C7Fea3A9F95c1e2AFFDaa1BFDCA shoe_ng_ABAF2A882A91BA83AEEC11E4ADEF4A9E shoe_ng_adec417AFD4ad348DFB13bafDF123C30 shoe_ng_aec30341143aC87A4Bc1a216123b4F0C shoe_ng_ead1C2FE12a34E48ae1C139AeeaCA7EC
NBA 2k14 Bugs/Errors Fixes : ASK here
Currently, we are lacking questions about NBA 2k14 Errors/Bugs. Please let us know your problems in NBA 2k14, we will answer it as soon as possible.